This Privacy Notice is effective as of July 1, 2022.
This Privacy Notice sets out how TCL Lighting and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “TCL Lighting” or “we”) protect the personal data we process relating to you (your “Personal Data”), what types of Personal Data we collect about you, what we do with it, how we disclose it and which rights you have in relation to the processing of Personal Data.
Thank you for choosing TCL Lighting!
WHEN DOES THIS PRIVACY NOTICE APPLY?
This Privacy Notice applies when we process your Personal Data as a result of your access and use of TCL Lighting website (www.tcllight.com), TCL smart lighting products, TCL smart service applications and other TCL Lighting devices, websites or applications that may refer to this Privacy Notice (collectively “TCL Materials”).
This Privacy Notice also applies to our processing of the Personal Data of business contacts within our clients, business partners, supplier and other organizations with which TCL LIGHTING has or considers a business relationship.
· PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
· USES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
· DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
· THIRD PARTY LINKS
· INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
· SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
· RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
· YOUR RIGHTS
· PRODUCT SPECIFIC TERMS
· CONTACTING US
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes in how we collect and use your Personal Data or changes in applicable laws on a regular basis. Any update to this Privacy Notice will be effective upon its posting on our website at https://www.tcllight.com. In addition, we may also notify you to inform you about the changes to this Privacy Notice as required by applicable laws.
BY VISITING OUR WEBSITES, PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION OR USING TCL MATERIALS, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Your privacy is important to us so we explain here what Personal Data we collect about you. Please note that, if you do not provide certain Personal Data, TCL LIGHTING may not be able to accomplish some purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice and you may not be able to use or access certain TCL LIGHTING Materials.
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
· Information that you provide to us. This includes information about you that you give us by filling in forms, entering information in our website, creating user accounts or by communicating with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, online, by email or otherwise, which are capable of identifying you or to make you identifiable depending on the context. This information includes, without limitation, the following:
o Personal contact information: your name, shipping, billing address, email address, phone number;
o To comply with our legal obligations required under applicable laws, we may also collect your tax payer number (CPF);
o Log in information: username, password, nickname;
o Demographic information: date of birth, gender;
o Payment information: your debit or credit card details, bank details or other payment and financial information;
o Other information about you such as your occupation (e.g. when you participate in our survey), language, health and exercise data; and
o Information about TCL LIGHTING Materials that you own and use, and proof that you purchased them, when applicable.
· Information we collect or generate about you. We collect Internet, electronic activity, and other information automatically from the devices and browsers that you use. This includes, without limitation, the following:
o Details about your usage of the TCL Materials;
o Location of your device and time zone;
o Details about your usage of the products that we supply to you such as browsing history, search history, page clicks and your activities when using our products or services (e.g. we may collect the app using time when you use TCL Channel);
o The IP address, MAC address, Device-ID, Terminal ID, serial number, IMEI number, IMSI number, advertising ID (a unique user ID assigned to your devices for advertising purposes), and any other device identifiers or device-specific information about your TCL Materials; geolocation information provided by your device's GPS signal or communicated through a nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers while you use certain services and enable the location feature ;
o Error logs, error codes and error descriptions and other information that you provide relating to faults or defect experience with any of your TCL Materials; and
o Where we provide after-sales services to you, your emails, phone number, address, fax number, chat history or recordings of phone conversations between you and our support staff.
· Information we obtain from other sources. We may collect information about you from third parties. This includes, without limitation, the following:
o Information from social media networks;
o Information obtained from other providers of products, services, websites and applications;
o Other commercially or publicly available sources (as allowed under the law); and
o If you take part in market research programs organized and/or sponsored by/on behalf of TCL we may also collect information from third party websites or social media networks, in accordance with the privacy policies of those respective websites and social media networks.
We may also collect other information about you, your device or the use of TCL Materials in the manner informed at the time of collection and/or with your consent in accordance with applicable laws.
We will not knowingly collect any Personal Data from or about children under age 13, or minimum age allowed in your jurisdiction, without making it clear that such information should only be provided with a parent's or guardian's consent, if this is required by applicable laws. If you believe that your child has provided us with his/her Personal Data without a parent's or guardian's consent, please contact us via the email address provided in the Contacting Us section below. TCL LIGHTING will only use Personal Data relating to or from the children as far as it is permitted by applicable laws and if required, only with parent's or guardian's consent.
USES OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be collected, stored, processed or otherwise used by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
· To deliver, activate, verify and manage our products and services purchased by you;
· To provide software updates, maintenance services, technical support and after-sales services for TCL Materials;
· To help you register and manage your TCL account;
· To allow you to download and purchase our products and services such as our applications and related websites and/or to give you access to third-party applications installed on the device;
· To process payments transactions or orders for TCL Materials;
· To contact you in relation to TCL Materials, for example, in the event that any TCL Materials have changed or present issues;
· To establish, exercise or defend its legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
· To protect against and prevent fraud and information security risks, as well as to keep TCL Materials secure, such as verifying your accounts and identification, detecting security incidents and combating malicious activities;
· To respond to any complaints or questions that you may raise in connection with TCL Materials, and to defend and exercise our legal rights;
· To personalise TCL Materials at your request;
· To troubleshoot functionality or other issues for the TCL Materials;
· To evaluate and develop new functionalities, technologies and improvements on TCL Materials;
· To administer contests, promotions, events, market research, survey in relation to TCL Materials;
· To facilitate TCL’s internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, user experience and customer communications;
· To comply with all applicable laws, regulations, directives and court decisions as well as decisions from competent authorities;
· To send you information about TCL Materials and help to make that information more relevant to you. We may need your consent for certain marketing activities. We offer you various ways to opt-out of receiving certain communications from us. If you would like to opt out of receiving email marketing communications from us you may click the "Unsubscribe" link found at the bottom of the email and follow the instructions;
· To display personalized advertising of our products and services on TCL website and display non-personalized advertising on other TCL Materials. Our advertising partners may also display non-personalized advertising on some of our products or services. If they will display personalized advertising, we will obtain your explicit prior consent as required by applicable laws; and
· Other purposes with your consent.
To the extent the Personal Data we collect about you is considered special categories of Personal Data or sensitive Personal Data under applicable laws, we process such data based on your explicit consent, and you may withdraw your consent to such processing at any time. However, you should be aware that if you choose to do so we may be unable to continue to provide certain services to you. If you choose to withdraw your consent, we will tell you more about the possible consequences. If permitted by applicable laws, we may also process special categories of Personal Data that you expressly made public or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
If you act as a business contact of your organization to purchase or use TCL Materials on behalf of your organization, we may collect your name, shipping, billing and/or business address, email address, phone number, and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to carry out ordinary business operations, for associated administrative purposes or for other purposes specified above in the Section "Uses of Personal Data".
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell or otherwise disclose Personal Data you have provided to us, except as described in this Privacy Notice, as disclosed to you at the time of the data collection or as described in any specific privacy notice, as applicable.
We may disclose your Personal Data with TCL LIGHTING's affiliates and subsidiaries in one or more of the circumstances described below:
· To help us provide you with TCL Materials;
· Where we market products and services provided by TCL's affiliates and/or TCL's subsidiaries; and
· For one of those purposes for which TCL LIGHTING processes your Personal Data under this Privacy Notice.
We may also share your Personal Data with third-parties in order to achieve the purposes mentioned in the Section "Use of Personal Data" above, including:
· In case of sale of any TCL's business or assets with another company, merger, or other significant transactions, we may disclose your Personal Data for due diligence purposes and on completion of the transaction;
· We may share your advertising ID (a unique user ID assigned to your devices for advertising purposes) with our advertising partners for them to display non-personalized advertising;
· If we market third-party products or services to you, we may share your Personal Data with those third parties;
· When you provide your consent to disclose your Personal Data to specific and identified third party or category of third parties;
· To third-party agents or contractors (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services) that we hire to support us in providing our services and products to you. We will take steps to require such third-parties to process your Personal Data in compliance with the provisions set out in this Privacy Notice and under a confidentiality duty;
· To business partners who provide products and / or services that are embedded or serve as a component of TCL Materials that we provide to you. These third parties will be responsible for how they use your Personal Data in connection with their services and products as described in a separate privacy notice provided by them, which you are encouraged to verify; and
· To the extent required by law, or if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and/or of third parties.
Besides the disclosures of Personal Data informed in this Privacy Notice we may share your Personal Data with third parties whenever you authorize the sharing.
Please note that if you access third-party services — such as social media services, third-party single-sign on tools, third-party applications, mobile platforms, and telecom carriers of your devices — through our services, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the products and services, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the product and services, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our website may contain links to third-party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites and this Privacy Notice does not apply to them. You must carefully read the privacy policies related to services of third parties, contacting directly those parties in case of need.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
TCL Lighting shares your Personal Data globally to carry out the activities specified in this Privacy Notice.
TCL may also subcontract the processing or sharing of your Personal Data to third parties located outside your country. When you use TCL Material, we may transfer, storage and process your information within and outside of your country of residence, consistent with this Privacy Notice. The processing of your Personal Data may, therefore, be also subject to laws other than the ones from your country.
TCL takes appropriate steps to ensure that transfer of Personal Data shall be done in accordance with applicable privacy laws and, in particular, that contractual, technical and organizational measures will be in place, such as, with no limitation, the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have adopted organizational, physical and technical security measures that are in line with the industry standards to protect the Personal Data you provide, and to prevent any unauthorised access, disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss of data. We will take reasonable and practical steps to protect your Personal Data, including the following:
· We will use SSL and other technical measures to ensure encryption with regards to our services and products. We will regularly examine our practice of information collection, storage, and processing (including physical security measures) to prevent unauthorised system access.
· We will authorize our employees and personnel of third parties to access your personal data on a need-to-know basis in order to help us process your Personal Data and provide the services to you. These employees and external personnel (of third parties authorised by us) are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
· The security of your Personal Data is extremely important to us. We will continue our efforts to protect your Personal Data and implement safeguard measures, such as providing encryption protection for information storage and transmission, to prevent your Personal Data from unauthorised access, usage or disclosure.
· We will prudently select business partners and service providers, and implement the requirements for Personal Data protection to the business contracts between both parties.
Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If we become aware of any violation of our security system, we will act in a timely fashion in accordance with any applicable laws.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
· TCL retains your Personal Data as long as it needs it for the purposes mentioned in the Section "Use of Personal Data", which may coincide with the period for which TCL has an ongoing relationship with you; and
· TCL retains your Personal Data as long as it needs to comply with a legal obligation to which it is subject or defend claims brought against us.
Data protection laws may give you a number of legal rights in relation to the Personal Data that we hold about you. Not all data protection laws are the same so not all of these rights apply in all places. You may refer to the Annexes of this Privacy Notice for more details about your rights in certain specific jurisdictions.
However, we recognise that your Personal Data belongs to you only and that enables you to control how we use it. Your rights may include:
· The right to request access to the Personal Data that we process about you, including the right to obtain information on and copy of such data;
· The right to request that we rectify or correct your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
· The right to request that we erase or delete your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase or delete your Personal Data, but we are legally entitled to retain it;
· If permitted by applicable laws, the right to lodge a complaint with the competent government agency if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the "Contacting Us" section below.
We may need to confirm your verifiable consumer request before completing your request, and, for example, may ask for you to confirm data points we already have about you. We will only use Personal Data provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We and our third-party advertising and data analytics partners use "cookies" and similar web technologies including pixel tags or web beacons, ("automated collection tools") to support certain features of the TCL account, and other websites and applications operated by us. Automated collection tools are pieces of code deployed on your device. The automated collection tools allow the website to recognize your browser or device during your visit to the TCL website/application or when you return to the TCL website/application.
We use two types of automated collection tools: "session cookies" and "persistent cookies".
A session cookie expires after you close your browser. A session cookie will identify you during your browsing session by assigning a randomly generated unique identification number to your device. We use session cookies:
· To enable us to provide products and services to you and manage transactions. For example, we may deploy a cookie to remember what items you have stored in an online shopping basket; and
· For certain content management and editing purposes.
Persistent cookies do not expire when you close your browser. We use persistent cookies:
· To record whether a visitor is logged in to the TCL account;
· For certain content management and editing purposes.
How to Manage Automated Collection Tools
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device. You may also delete cookies as soon as you leave the TCL account or other TCL website / application. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit the TCL account, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the TCL account or other TCL website/application.
For example, the Help portion of the toolbar on most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new automated collection tools, and how to entirely disable automated collection tools.
Where required by applicable laws, we will present you with a cookie banner the first time you visit our website/application that explains what type of automated collection tools we use and which asks your consent for some of the automated collection tools we use.
Personal Data Collected through Automated Collection Tools
We use the Personal Data collected through automated collection tools for the purposes specified above (including in the Section “Uses of Personal Data”). For those cookies where we ask for your consent to deploy them, we also rely on consent as the legal basis for processing Personal Data collected through those cookies.
At this time, our website does not recognise automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your Personal Data or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact us through the specific channels indicated below.
Add: No.72, Huifeng 4th Road, Zhongkai Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone, Huizhou, Guangdong, P.R.China.